Adobe Systems Inc. is a business applications solutions provider focused on the creation of multimedia and creativity software. One application in particular, Adobe Connect, makes Web conferencing easy! Adobe’s vision was to launch on-demand training videos in a portal in conjunction with the release of Connect 8. Adobe chose Brookwood, a proven training and solutions partner, for this project.
Adobe TV Rolls Out Connect 8 to Customers Worldwide
The Brookwood Solution
The challenge of this project was to create Connect 8 training before the software release was ready for public launch. Brookwood’s team of Connect experts was involved with the beta testing (of Connect 8) that allowed them to write and design each of the 27 training modules with no supporting reference materials. Brookwood’s SVP of eLearning, Jacquie Beck, is a Master Instructor of the Connect product, stating, “It made sense for us to take on this important initiative for Adobe; we focus our business model around Connect. Our entire team knows the product inside and out, and we were able to write, design, develop, and deploy these videos in a fraction of the time it would have taken any other partner.” This project included Adobe Captivate 5 as the development tool so Adobe could launch the portal in an Adobe Flash Video Format (FLV) and host the entire training program on their Adobe TV website, which would allow them to position the training for mobile devices as well as PCs.
The Key Advantages for Adobe
- Expertise in Adobe Connect 8 and Captivate 5 for consistent publishing
- Deployment to a multi-platform format: PCs and mobile devices
- Production of the content in a streaming format for mobile devices and a mass audience
- The Brookwood Key eLearning Advantages Expert knowledge on Web conferencing etiquette and best practices
- Internal staff are educators and developers
- ID team leverages Adobe Connect in daily workflow
- Proven long-term relationship with Adobe
- Developers’ knowledge of all Adobe products allows for maximum output and performance