Quality Assurance Training for International, Ground, and Home Delivery
FedEx is a $24-billion dollar global provider of transportation, e-commerce & supply chain management services. Their employee base is located throughout the world. FedEx needed a development partner to build Quality Assurance Training for their International, Ground and Home Delivery Divisions. Content had to adhere to SCORM standards and integrate with their existing LMS – Digital Think.
The Brookwood Solution
FedEx chose Brookwood as the development and integration partner for this custom eLearning project. Courses included animation, graphics, sound and assessments throughout each module. Brookwood's experienced team was able to adhere to the specifications of FedEx's IT department and slower modem speeds in the field. SCORM standards were implemented so that FedEx could track scores, date and time stamps for each student logged in through the LMS. Navigation was consistent with existing courses created with the FedEx brand. Macromedia Flash was used in conjunction with HTML so that performance on slower connections was optimized. Courses were hosted on the Brookwood Extranet through the entire development process, so subject-matter experts could access content throughout the development timeline. This allowed for timely feedback and communication from remote locations.
The Key Advantages for FedEx
- Integration for tracking and reporting was seamless with Digital Think ( LMS )
- SCORM standards are in place for future migration – if necessary
- Source files are available to FedEx for editing and revisions
- Brookwood hosts courses for 24/7 evaluation during the entire development cycle
- Re-usable Learning Objects were implemented for uses in other courses
- Rich Media was optimized for delivery to analog modems (56k)