1. eLearning Design Elements
A sound visual design will lead to an engaging module with higher retention rates. The first cost consideration that comes in to play are the design elements you would like to include in your eLearning course. Simplicity and complexity of the design elements will determine what comes out of your budget. For example, if you require a relatively simple and straightforward design, include your company’s stock images, or minimally edited graphics, the cost will be less compared to custom designed graphics or charts. A few design elements to consider are:
- Title slide and template design – Would you use your standard company template, or do you require a new custom designed template?
- Slide layouts – Does the content call for simple PowerPoint style layouts or custom layouts for each slide?
- Does the course require custom illustrations and personalized graphics?
- Is there an image library already available, or stock images have to be searched and purchased?