Coaching and Feedback: Essential Tools for Every Leader’s Toolbox
Did you know…
- Only 26% of employees strongly agree that the feedback they receive helps them do better work?
- The most fruitful performance conversations follow the “3 F’s”—frequent, focused and future-oriented?
- The best leaders achieve a balance of both positive and constructive feedback throughout the year to help employees succeed?
All great managers have “toolboxes” chockful of tools to help them be more effective leading and inspiring their people. Among them is typically a deep understanding of coaching and feedback (think of them as two sides of the same coin). Coaching—a process that aims to improve performance and unlock a person's potential—helps team members navigate rough patches, take advantage of new opportunities, and feel more engaged in their work. Feedback—the sharing of information intended to help an employee achieve better results—is one of the key mechanisms coaches use to positively change behavior.
In this program, you’ll learn the most effective techniques for providing sound coaching and valuable feedback without making others defensive. You’ll also learn why strengthening your coaching and feedback skills can have a huge impact on the morale and productivity of your team. Even if you’re an experienced coach who’s comfortable offering feedback, you will gain further insight about these invaluable leadership competencies.
- Understand what coaching and feedback are and how they improve performance
- Recognize that sports coaches and coach-leaders are not the same
- Identify how to guide employees to their own insights and grant them ownership of the learning process
- Provide constructive feedback without creating defensiveness or mistrust
- Learn how to follow up after a coaching session to ensure the performance issue is successfully resolved
Who should attend?
- Team leaders or managers
- Intact teams or individual contributors
- New leaders looking to increase effectiveness
- Single license for $125 per module
- Single library license (all 5 modules) for $500
- Multi-user license and discounts (contact us for pricing)
- Custom branded with your logo and custom content (contact us for pricing)
Contact us to purchase: LDS@Brookwood.com