Emotional Intelligence: Redefining the “Smart” Employee
Did you know…
- Emotional intelligence is the single strongest predictor of performance?
- 90% of top performers score high on emotional intelligence?
- A UC Berkeley study found that EQ was 400% more powerful than IQ when predicting who would have success in their field?
When it comes to defining intelligence, we typically think in terms of IQ or “intelligence quotient.” A few decades ago, however, a new definition of intelligence began to take shape that had nothing to do with conventional notions of intellect. Emotional intelligence, or EI, refers to our capacity for recognizing our own feelings and those of others, for motivating ourselves, and for managing emotions well in ourselves and others. Furthermore, research suggests that EI is more important than IQ for success n jobs at all levels.
In this program, you will learn about the four critical dimensions of EI—self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management—and how these competencies drive our behavior and impact our outcomes. You’ll also learn ways to strengthen your own EI in order to better manage stress, build fruitful relationships, and achieve superior results at work.
- Understand the four dimensions of EI
- Strengthen your ability to identify emotions “in the moment”
- Manage your emotions effectively under stress
- Become a better listener to build empathy
- Recognize behaviors that foster strong, trusting relationships
Who should attend?
- Team leaders or managers
- Intact teams or individual contributors
- New leaders looking to increase effectiveness
- Single license for $125 per module
- Single library license (all 5 modules) for $500
- Multi-user license and discounts (contact us for pricing)
- Custom branded with your logo and custom content (contact us for pricing)
Contact us to purchase: LDS@Brookwood.com