Amp Up Your Influence!
Did you know…
- In a study of financial service sales executives, the ability to influence predicted greater sales revenue?
- To change someone’s mind, it helps to first build a connection where they will be more open to hearing what you have to say?
- Among the helping professions, influence is the strongest competency distinguishing outstanding performers?
- Considering each stakeholder’s needs, perspectives, and temperaments can help you be more influential?
When you are in a position of formal authority at work, it’s relatively easy to influence others. But what if you aren’t? You still have to persuade colleagues to support your ideas and work collaboratively with you. In addition, having influence means you’re more likely to be noticed, respected, and rewarded. That’s why strengthening your influence skills is so important, no matter what your line of work. As noted author Ken Blanchard famously said, “The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority.”
In this program, you’ll learn how to increase your ability to influence the right way, i.e. through building trust and exhibiting competence rather than imposing force. More specifically, you’ll learn how to be clear and concise in both your written and spoken communication, why offering recognition and appreciation positively impacts your ability to influence, and how to embellish your executive presence so you look and sound your best. Whether you’re a new leader just starting out or an experienced leader who wants to enhance your power to persuade, you’ll come away with actionable ideas that will make an immediate difference.
- Learn why influence skills are so important to successful leadership and teamwork
- Recognize why leading by example is one of the best ways to build trust with your team
- Speak and write with precision in order to eliminate ambiguity and reduce misunderstandings
- Understand how frequent recognition and appreciation positively impact your ability to influence
- Learn to inspire confidence in others by enhancing your executive presence
Who should attend?
- Team leaders or managers
- Intact teams or individual contributors
- New leaders looking to increase effectiveness
- Single license for $125 per module
- Single library license (all 5 modules) for $500
- Multi-user license and discounts (contact us for pricing)
- Custom branded with your logo and custom content (contact us for pricing)
Contact us to purchase: LDS@Brookwood.com